Learn how to create an Access web app, and move your database into the cloud. This practical book shows you how to design an Access web app for Microsoft Office 365.
It shows you how to convert your existing Access desktop databases to a web app as well. You'll quickly learn your way around the web app design environment, including how to capitalize on its strengths and avoid the pitfalls. You don't need any special web skills to started.
Learn best practices and techniques to:
- Capitalize on key Office 365 features in your Access web apps
- Design and integrate all the features of Access web apps
- Make your desktop databases compatible with web app table structures
- Implement and test business rules by using the Macro Programming Tools
- Understand how your app design translates to objects in the cloud-based Azure SQL Database
- Use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to connect with and manage web apps
- Improve reporting with PowerPivot, Visual Studio 2013, and SSRS
- Extend Access web apps with Apps for Office features
- Capitalize on Office 365 SP1 improvements in change deployment, intellectual property protection, and integration.